Technically sophisticated; a harmonious product – quite literally a cut above the rest” is how the jury of the prestigious iF Product Design Awards described Solicut’s innovative Absolute ML Knife collection.With more entries than ever before, this year’s expert judging panel chose only 50 Gold Medal winners out of the 2,293 products submitted from 35 countries for this year’s awards. Receiving an iF award is recognised as the ultimate international design achievement, and is known in the design trade as the Design Oscar. What makes Solicut’s award even more special is that there were only three Golden Medals awarded for design excellence in kitchen related products.
A creative merger of traditional German craftsmanship and modern design, these drop forged knives are made out of VG10 high-carbon, damascene multi-layered steel, which guarantees an outstanding, durable cutting performance. Designed by Carsten Gollnick, one of Germany’s most successful homeware and interior style designers, the knives feature ergonomic handles made from a special plastic compound that is both pleasing to the eye and the touch.
- Super precise vacuum hardening process creates a super hard knife with exceptional edge holding properties.
- Made from super-hard VG10 gold steel, the worlds best knife steel.
- Laminated in 33 multi-layered Damascus steel
- Laser hardened multi-layered poly fibre handles are light-weight, non-slip and virtually indestructable.
- Hand grinding of blade into the ideal convex shape of the blade, a critical feature for how smooth a knife goes through food.
- Additional hand-honing at very acute angle. (20 degrees)
- Full tang construction.
- Entirely made in Solingen, Germany.
- Dishwasher safe, but not recommended due to bluntening effect.
- Fully encapsulated magnetic wooden knife stand.
- Attached any knife, shears, or kitchen gadgets.
- Stainless steel edging.
- 305 x 205 x 145mm.
- Gift Boxed.