We’re so excited about Easter so we’re sharing our favourite Easter recipes with you! Plus follow the links to find all the equipment used at Amaroni!
For the Cake
250g of Butter
250g of Caster Sugar
250g of Self Raising Flour
For the Icing
280g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas 4. Line a 12 Cup Muffin Pan with Sweetly Does it Paper Cake Cases.
- Add the button and sugar into a Mixing Bowl and beat until pale and creamy with a Hand Mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Using a Spatula fold the flour into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a Wire Rack.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until soft using a Spoon and beat in half the Icing Sugar in until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of milk and beat until creamy.
- Using a small pointed Knife cut a circle about 2.5cm width out of the cake leaving a hole in the centre. Cut the round in half and set aside.
- Fill the hole with buttercream and return the two pieces of cake to sit on the top light butterfly wings.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve and repeat for all other cake.
Display on a lovely cake stand such as this one and enjoy!